- SCA Handbook / Part 3 Committees / 3-15-3 WAI: Administrator & Vice Chair
3-15-3 WAI: Administrator & Vice Chair
The Administrator, an employee of the California State Archives (State Archives), is appointed by the State Archivist in consultation with the Board of Directors of the Society of California Archivists (SCA Board). The Administrator represents the State Archives, and acts as chief administrative officer for WAI.
- Manages the operation of WAI with the Management Committee.
- Chairs the Program Subcommittee.
- Selects Program Coordinator and 3 additional members of the Program Subcommittee with Management Committee Chair.
- Maintains contact with the Program Coordinator during the program.
- Works with the Management Committee Chair to write and submit quarterly reports to the SCA Board.
- Assists SCA Treasurer in preparing annual budget for the SCA Board and State Archivist.
- Serves as a member of the SCA Finance and Investment Committee.
- Advises Associate Administrator in preparing application materials prior to each program.
- Communicates with participants including sending admission letters and publications in advance of the program.
- Communicates with the Principal Faculty Member and Adjunct Faculty about the upcoming program.
- Conducts student orientation at the beginning of WAI.
- Participates in WAI closing ceremonies.
- With the Management Committee Chair, maintains WAI records.
- Mentors Associate Administrator as needed in preparation for that person to take on the Administrator role.
WAI will reimburse the Administrator for reasonable expenses incurred in carrying out these responsibilities.
Revision history: 06/98 nz, 12/99 nz, 11/00 nz, 07/02 nz, 10/02 nz, 01/03 nz, 10/04 nz, 08/09 jbr, 10/2017 llc, 04/2019 llc, 08/2020 mh, 02/23 lm
- Section 3-15-3 WAI: Administrator & Vice Chair
- Part 3 Committees
- Handbook of the Society of California Archivists