- SCA Handbook / Part 3 Committees / 3-6 Education Committee
3-6 Education Committee
This standing committee promotes archival education and the professional development of archivists throughout the state.
Composition of the committee and terms of office are defined in Handbook section 3-1 and governed by the Bylaws.
General responsibilities are outlined in Handbook section 3-1.
- Develops and presents archival education workshops to be sponsored by SCA. The Education Committee is responsible for:
- a. regional fall programs—one Northern, one Southern
- b. spring programs—alternating Northern and Southern in the opposite region of the Annual General Meeting (AGM) location
- c. specialized workshops to be offered as opportunities present themselves or as demand requires
- Collaborates with the Program Committee
- a. The chair or other representative of the Education Committee serves as an ad hoc member of the Program Committee.
- b. The Vice President/Program Chair serves as an ad hoc member of the Education Committee.
- c. The Education Committee is responsible for the selection, budgeting and scheduling of pre-conference workshop(s) for the AGM.
- Provides SCA members with information about archival education programs in California.
- Maintains a workbook of guidelines and pointers for putting together programs and samples of publicity and forms.
Educational Workshops and Program Cancellation
Requests to cancel your registration must be submitted in writing to the Education Committee Co-Chairs (emailed requests are accepted). Refunds are issued under the following conditions:
- Cancellation requests must be submitted at least 1 week before the first scheduled date of the workshop or educational program to receive a full refund.
- Requests submitted less than 1 week before the first scheduled date of the workshop or educational program are not eligible for a refund.
This policy includes pre-AGM conference workshops. Workshops sponsored or co-sponsored by other organizations are subject to the cancellation policies of the sponsoring organization.
See SCA Handbook section 2-5-10 for SCA’s full Cancellation and Refund Policy.
Revision history: 4/90 nlb, 5/91 nlb, 5/93 dmc, 10/99 jlm, 1/10 lo; 7/2016 llc; 10/2017 llc; 01/2018 llc, 01/2019 llc
- Section 3-6 Education Committee
- Part 3 Committees
- Handbook of the Society of California Archivists