- SCA Handbook / Part 3 Committees / 3-6-3 Vice Chair for Online Education
3-6-3 Vice Chair for Online Education
The Vice Chair for Online Education will serve on the Education Committee. This position collaborates with the Co-Chairs of the Education Committee to develop and present online archival education workshops (webinars) sponsored by SCA. Generally, these online workshops will be offered three times a year, as opportunities present themselves or demand requires. The topics for the online workshops are determined based on regular surveys, input from membership, and opportunity.
The Vice Chair, with the Education Committee involvement, will coordinate webinar programming, identifying and communicating with presenters, scheduling webinars, planning logistics, and serving as the day-of point person. The Vice Chair for Online Education will coordinate with the Education Committee and the Communications and Outreach Committee to manage registration, publicity, and administrative responsibilities related to webinars.
The Vice Chair is appointed by the Co-Chairs of the Education Committee and approved by the President.
- Collaborate with Education Committee Co-Chairs on webinar programming.
- Receive and review webinar proposals with Education Committee Co-Chairs.
- Formulate potential webinar topics with Education Committee Co-Chairs based on survey results, member input, and opportunity.
- Contact and communicate with potential webinar presenters.
- Schedule webinars.
- Plan logistics and serve as the day-of webinar point person.
- Work with presenters to create webinar scripts.
- Rehearse webinars with presenters and test webinar software.
- Serve as day-of point person, introducing and coordinating presenters, managing questions and chats, and addressing any technical issues.
- Provide Education Committee Co-Chairs with attendance data and feedback.
- Coordinate with the Education Committee to manage registration, publicity, and administrative responsibilities related to webinars.
- Assign registration and publicity responsibilities to Education Committee members.
- Work with Education Committee Co-Chairs to establish registration fees, attendance caps, and honoraria.
- Manage communication between Education Committee Co-Chairs, assigned Committee members, and presenters regarding registration, publicity, fees, expenses, and honoraria.
- Request check or payment from Treasurer for honoraria before webinar.
- Receive reimbursement receipts and forward to Treasurer.
- Advise Education Committee Co-Chairs on annual budget.
Revision history: 01/2018 llc, 01/2019 llc
- Section 3-6-3 Vice Chair for Online Education
- Part 3 Committees
- Handbook of the Society of California Archivists